Song in the Peach Blossoms (Ge Jin Tao Hua) 歌尽桃花
Original Author: Mi Bao (靡宝)
Xie Huaimin who had been jilted, unexpectedly came to the unfamiliar nation of Dong Qi and became Xie Zhaohua, the idiotic Fourth Miss of the Grand Tutor Xie’s family in Dong Qi. Ready to be flexible to her newfound circumstances, she strived to let herself adapt to life in a feudalistic society but her eccentric Second Brother, Xie Zhaoying, implicated her in a complicated web of intricacies. The Zhao family’s party which dominates the court administration, the refined and mysterious teacher Song Zijing from Xi Qi and also Prince Yan, Xiao Xuan, who is remotely far away, form a world full of perils and excitement. Miss Xie who is imbued with courage and insensitive yet pure, followed along with Xiao Xuan without second thoughts, throwing herself into the venture of revolution and love.
The title of the novel originated from a Chinese poem by Yan Jidao.
Here is the link to the English translation.
I heard rumors that this book is going to be adapted to a drama sometime in the future but I’m not sure how true it is.
Here is my short review of the novel if you are interested. 😀
Inner Residence arc
- Chapter 1: The story goes like this
- Chapter 2: An idiotic aunt’s awakening
- Chapter 3: The first encounter with the teacher
- Chapter 4: A Second Elder Brother who is unconventional and acts independently
- Chapter 5: It is said, that is the future
- Chapter 6: Dream of Mandarin Ducks and Butterflies
- Chapter 7: Practise Medicine to Help the People
- Chapter 8: The Xie Brother and Sister and the Secret Chamber
- Chapter 9: Furong Expressing her Feelings
- Chapter 10: There is a female in the Xie Family who is going to come of age
- Chapter 11: Three Months Fireworks
- Chapter 12: Spring Banquet (First Half)
- Chapter 13: Spring Banquet (Second Half)
- Chapter 14: Beautiful and Conspiracy
- Chapter 15:
- Chapter 16:
- Chapter 17:
- Chapter 17 (Part 1)
- Chapter 17 (Part 2)
- Chapter 17 (Part 3)